MEDIUM RISK CONFINED SPACE ENTRY COURSE
CERTIFICATE VALID FOR
PRICES START FROM
DOWNLOAD COURSE DETAILS
£255pp + VAT
WHO IS THIS COURSE AIMED AT?
This in-depth, highly practical course is designed for individuals who enter confined spaces classed as Medium Risk such as manholes, shafts, chambers, culverts and similar spaces and those who assist with confined space operations. Working Breathing Apparatus training is also included.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
On completion of the course Delegates shall be competent in:
- Understanding current legislation and Approved Codes of Practice (ACoP)
- Recognising confined spaces and their associated hazards
- Implementing Control Measures to either eliminate or reduce potential risks
- Organising and implementing appropriate accident and emergency procedures
- The safe use and maintenance of escape breathing apparatus
- Definition and types of confined spaces
- Confined space hazards
- Permit to Work Systems
- Safe working procedures
- Personal and environmental hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Gas detection and Access equipment
- Use of escape or airline breathing apparatus
- Self rescue
- Accident and Emergency procedures
- Respiratory functions
- Cylinder identification
A 3 year TASC certificate of training to demonstrate an understanding of the theory and practices associated with the hazards and risks of medium risk confined space entry and working.
DELEGATE EXPERIENCE & RENEWALS
Previous experience of confined spaces would be an advantage but it is not essential. Delegates must be able to set up, physically don and carry BA Kits and not have a phobia of face coverings and confinement.
Safety helmet, safety footwear, gloves and overalls